Do you know what WhatsApp Business API templates or templates are?
Since the WhatsApp Business API entered the scene, hundreds of companies around the world have decided to bet on the use of it. New concepts and functionalities make an appearance.
One of them is the WhatsApp Business API templates, a term that we are going to talk about today throughout this article. Specifically, we will focus on these three points:
- Concept: what are templates.
- Requirements to meet.
- Categories of templates.
What are Whatsapp templates?
WhatsApp has two types of messages: ongoing messages and templates . For the “ongoing messages” which are the user response messages that are offered in less than 24 hours. In the event that a company needs to contact a user proactively outside those 24 hours from when the user contacted the company, we talk about templates which have an associated cost.
Indicate that this is the only system with which WhatsApp e is monetizing this service since companies have to pay for each of the messages of this type they send to their users. It is also known as Highly Structured Message or HSM, although it is unusual to hear this term.
But watch out, when using this resource not everything goes. In order for a company to be able to use WhatsApp templates, the following key points must be assumed:
- The messages must be approved by Facebook
You can find more information about it on the website about WhatsApp’s trade policy. It goes without saying that any promotional issue is completely out of the messages that would be approved by Facebook.
- You must bear that cost
As we previously highlighted. , the sending of these templates has an extra cost. The price of sending these messages will depend on the country you are in.
Types of templates
And since everything is not valid, what are the messages that are allowed? From the messaging app they list the following categories. Of course, before listing we remind you again that marketing cases are not approved:
- Updating your account data.
- Send confirmations of appointments or meetings.
- Send relevant and important information to your users.
- Send automatic messages when your business or service is not available.
- Resolve incidents of your customers.
- Updates on payments made by users.
- Updates on the personal finances of your customers.
- Send reservation confirmations, reminders or other tasks related to the management of reservations from your customers.
- Send updates on updates to your order.
- Send updated information or on transport.